Subject: Re: 2.0rc4 unstability
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/2004 12:48:46
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 01:37:47PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > I have 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of swap, running a 2.0RC5 kernel on an
>
> I wonder if this huge amount of swap causes your problems.
> VM experts?

I have tried using 4 GB swap (and I'll try it again soon), but it didn't
seem to help.  Also, my laptop has only 1 GB of swap, and it still freezes
with xine.  (Haven't tried heavy gimping on the laptop and I couldn't
build xine on my desktop system without rebuilding the complete pkg stuff
fron scratch.)

> Also, do you run mfs /tmp?  MFS has known issues, including deadlocks.

No mfs, all my partitions are ffs or nfs.

  -jm