Subject: advice/suggestions sought on new configuration
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/10/2004 02:02:41
Okay, for a little background that might or might not apply to the
rest of this mail, I've gotten a new machine:
Mobo: ASRock K7V88-RAID KT880 northbridge, VT8237 southbridge
CPU: Athlon XP 2700+ (TBred) 2.16ghz
RAM: 512MB DDR400 (PC3200) upgradeable to 4GB, dual-channel is doable
HDD: WD800JD 80 gig / 8MB cache SATA (7200RPM)

I've also added an old Adaptec AHA-2940UW and a Seagate Barracuda 4GB
(7200RPM). (because it was there :)

My main question is... is there any advantage to be gained by enabling
the ioapic support in the kernel? It is currently disabled, and the
box runs just fine... but this is also my first machine to even HAVE
an APIC, so I know jack about it.

Any advice is appreciated.

--
Sean