Subject: Sis 7012 AC-97 Audio and 7002 USB 2.0 host controller: can't map interrupt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alex K. <orb@bullhoster.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/2004 15:30:47
Hello NetBSD people!

This is a laptop "Intro 1214".
The manual says:
 chipset: SiS M650, SiS 962

In short words the problem is:
auich0 at pci0 dev 2 function 7: PCI configuration registers:
auich0: can't map interrupt
ehci0 at pci0 dev 3 function 2: PCI configuration registers:
ehci0: couldn't map interrupt

I tried many combinations of kernel config options related to PCIBIOS, ACPI.
I tried to play with laptop's BIOS (PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0, BIOS Revis-
ion: 2.00.07), but it has very poor settings, there is only one
setting which would help, but it did not. The settins is "Installed OS" and
it could be one of two: "Win98" (as i understand with this option BIOS
should configure all PCI devices as well, however it does not work),
and "ACPI OS".
All attempts had no luck.

There is several same situations on google, but i did not find
suitable solution. I bealive it is PCIBIOS related problem due to
buggy laptop's BIOS. And solutions could be like yerstaday update's
"PCIBIOS_SHARP_MM20_FIXUP" (i tried it, but as i assumed - it did not
help :D)

Here is links to my dmesg output and my kernel config:
config: http://fenixhost.com/orb/orb.txt
 dmesg: http://fenixhost.com/orb/dmesg.txt

Thank you for you time and advices.

ps. i have not yet found a new bios version, not updated it still...

--
Best regards,
Alexey Kovirshin

orb_@#netbsd@irc.freenode.net