Subject: Re: PERC4/SC RAID compatibility
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Cameron Brown <cameron@amitconsulting.info>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/2004 14:12:42
Martti:

It does seem to me that everything is properly selected for RAID, Mass =
Storage, et al.  Whatever the case, I have played with the configuration =
in several ways, and each time I get the same output you specify below.  =
Also, as I said, I am using NetBSD BIOS 2.11 NOT 2.99.10

    In the System BIOS Setup
         - Integrated Drive Controller is set to AUTO (versus OFF).
         - I have flipped the Hard Drive Boot order back and forth, with =
the same output, no change.

    In the RAID Configuration Setup
         - BIOS Enabled
         - Emulation Mass Storage

When I first boot I see a message seeming to recognize the logical drive =
saying:

1 Logical Drive found on host adapter
1 Logical drive(s) handled by BIOS

Blah blah blah... I can do some more research on my end.  Let me know =
what you need from me.  I am not a BIOS nor kernal guru and I don't =
pretend to be.

Thanks,
Cameron

----- Original Message -----=20