Subject: Re: Booting a USB key - 'Error B'
To: None <abs@absd.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: List Mail User <track@Plectere.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/2004 11:37:25
	I use mine for installs regularly;  I remember I had to change the
disklabel to have the root at sd0a (not sd0e), then it just worked (almost,
details below)!  You might just need the MBR bootloader to be installed also.

	Paul Shupak

P.S.  I also "fdisk"'d a NetBSD (id. 169) partition on it (yes, there is
a standard MBR there), so I boot from a FFS filesystem (not FATxx as
comes on the keys) -- You can "fdisk" several partitions so that it is
still easy to have a FATxx (or NTxx), FFS and (heaven-forbid) an EFS
partition all on one key and use the boot selector.

P.P.S.  The same advice seems to apply to all "umass" devices (e.g. I
can "fdisk", "disklabel" and "newfs" my CF cards also and boot them
from any of my USB card-readers.