Subject: Re: USB reserve memory patch
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2004 12:21:39
--Apple-Mail-14--870985070

On Oct 12, 2004, at 1:45 PM, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

> Cardbus needs it a bit more badly, as it genuinely does need the
> physically-contiguous region, as I understand it.

"It depends."  Some cardbus devices do genuinely need it, other do just
because it made my life easier when writing the drivers.  Some could be
adapted to allocate e.g. Tx and Rx descriptors one page at a time.  But
not all.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-14--870985070
	name=PGP.sig