Subject: Re: How to run netboot_3c90xb.com?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/29/2004 19:49:09

    >> I knew netboot_3c90xb.com has a different entry point than
    >> 0x100 as dosboot.com, which I could run from DOS.

   cmh> Normally it would be programmed into an EPROM and run by the
   cmh> BIOS as a BIOS extension at boot time.

Are you thinking of the .rom version?  He's asking about the .com
version.

I used grub and etherboot briefly.  It's big and ugly, and you can't
pass kernel options, and I had some weird problem building it by-hand
under NetBSD.  But at least it supports more cards and load methods
than stand/

--
Le fascisme est la dictature ouverte de la bourgeoisie.
		-- Georg Dimitrov