Subject: Re: stolen
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Support <aolhelp@domania.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/23/2004 10:12:47
Dear Valued User,

Thank you for contacting customer support. In this auto-response, you should
find useful answers to your questions about our site.  If you are still
unable to find the information you need, please contact
aolhelp@domania.com and we will gladly explore the problem for you.

HOME PRICE CHECK

Q:  How often is Domania's Home Price Check database updated? How far back
does it go?

A:  Domania's Home Price Check database is updated frequently. Most
transaction data is provided to us approximately 6 weeks after the
close of sale, and is in the database shortly thereafter. Most
covered areas have at least 5 years of data.

Q:  What is assessed value?

A:  The assessed value is what your taxing authority (your county, city or
town) uses to determine how much tax is due. In some cases, the assessed
value might be the same as market value, but typically it is a percentage,
called the assessment ratio.

Q:  Why can't I find the house I'm looking for?

A:  While there are 27 million records in our frequently updated database,
you may not be able to find certain records. The most frequent causes for
this are:

    1.  Old sale

The sale occurred prior to the time frame covered in the
database. In most areas, we go back 5 to 7 years, though in some areas
we have some records going back as far as 1987.

    2.  New sale

Recent sale prices of homes take a while to receive,
usually 6 weeks after the transaction has been completed. However, some
counties are slower than others in providing their property sales data to
us.

    3.  Incomplete deed record

Deed records that are incomplete; for example,
missing a street number or price, cannot be posted.

    4.  New construction

Our service includes data for both brand-new and
existing home sales. With new construction, however, often only the land
sale is recorded, since the building of the house is not a real estate
transaction. Our service does not cover land-only transactions. Since
these are considered private contracts--not real estate sales--they are
not subject to the same public disclosure laws.

    5.  Incomplete Coverage

Your home may be located in an area that is not
covered.  There are two possible reasons for this:

        a)  Your home is situated in one of the non-disclosure states
(Kansas, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming), which do not offer
sales price information as public records.

        b)  Your home is located in an area for which a data provider has
not yet been identified who can supply the historical depth and timely
delivery of information required. New coverage areas will be added as
they become available. If you think the home you're looking for is
unique in its absence from the coverage provided, please contact customer
support.

     6.  Site issues

Occasionally, we perform site upgrades or respond to
high traffic volume that can temporarily alter our site appearance and
response time.  We thank you for your patience as we fix these issues.
Please feel free to bring technical concerns to our attention by
contacting aolhelp@domania.com or by replying to this email.

Q:  Where does Home Price Check data come from?  How do I get my property
removed from your database?

A:  Our real estate data comes from public government records gathered by
various regional and national providers who specialize in the collection and
dissemination of data to real estate professionals.  If you are interested
in removing your home sales information from our database, please send an
email to aolhelp@domania.com, or just reply to this email, and we will
delete your information as soon as possible.

DATA & STATE COVERAGE

Q:  Why don't you provide property descriptions in my state? (number of
bedrooms, baths, etc.)

A:  For selected states, you can access this information once you register.

The number of rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms and the assessed value is now
available in selected areas of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California,
Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois,
Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon,
Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin, West
Virginia, and Washington.

Q:  Why isn't my state/city covered?

A:  For a complete list of our data coverage, please click on the link
below:

	http://aol.homepricecheck.com/faq.html#anchor42498

Still looking for answers? Please read our comprehensive FAQ pages:

How to Use Home Price Check --
http://aol.homepricecheck.com/faq.html#anchor124738

If you are still unable to find the information you need, please contact
aolhelp@domania.com, or just reply to this email, and we will gladly explore
the problem for you.