Subject: Re: NetBSD VM support?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2004 16:54:20
--48TaNjbzBVislYPb

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:39:43PM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> |It'd be slower, but doesn't simh run under Windows?
>
> it does look nice though, and I'll certainly see if I can play with it
> and see how it goes - one of my projects at Uni was simulating the=20
> CPU for a PDP-8 at the silicon level (using a tool called Magic), so
> it would be interesting to see how that went ...=20

I'm not sure if it does, it never occurred to me to try.  NetBSD/vax
runs quite nicely under simh, though it's not so kind to the host.

Because the VAX lacks an appropriate halt-until-next-interrupt
instruction, the idle loop is a busy loop, and thus the simh process
on the host takes all free cpu.

--
Dan.

--48TaNjbzBVislYPb