Subject: Screen blanking/monitor off ~ 20 mins after starting X
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/17/2004 12:14:30
Hello,
has anyone else been experiencing this?  About 20 or 30 minutes after
starting x from the console with startx, the screen goes blank and the
monitor goes into suspend, even though mouse&keyboard are being used.  Any
activity brings everything back (so the behaviour is just like a regular
screensaver) and then it won't happen again unless the actual X screensaver
kicks in.

Could there be some interaction from a wscons screensaver? (ie. it doesn't
get anymore events so it blanks the screen???) I checked but screenblank
(1) isn't running.

FYI, I'm running 2.0_BETA on i386, with nvidia card.

Anyone? Could this be some setup error on my part or should I send-pr?
Joe.
--
http://www.gel.usherbrooke.ca/thiemann