Subject: Re: soekris installation with netbsd
To: Mario Ohnewald <mario.Ohnewald@gmx.de>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/2004 07:07:18
There isn't a formal "image", but I put the following in /etc/mk.conf:

.if defined(SOEKRIS)
MKKERBEROS=no
MKKERBEROS4=no
MKYP=no
MKHESIOD=no
MKSKEY=no
#MKSHARE=no
MKCATPAGES=no
MKDOC=no
MKHTML=no
MKINFO=no
MKMAN=no
MKNLS=no
MKLINT=no
MKPROFILE=no
#MKPICINSTALL=no
MKSENDMAIL=no
MKPOSTFIX=no
MKUUCP=no
MKGDB=no
#MKGCCCMDS=no
CPUFLAGS+=-march=i486
.endif

...this allows me to use build.sh (when I set the environment variable
SOEKRIS) to build sets with much less unneeded stuff.  I then install
only the "base.tgz" and "etc.tgz" sets, and I get something that fits in
about 45M.  I can get it down to about 28M if I remove some other stuff
by hand, but I haven't formalized that yet.  (it's on my list of things
to do!)

Hope this helps,
+j