Subject: Re: sync i386 pmap with amd64
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/2004 04:18:28
On Thursday 29 July 2004 00:52, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > 2) Of the "functional" changes, almost all of them conflict heavily (and
> > will almost certainly be replaced by) changes I'm working on to eliminate
> > the "APTD" table completely, which will help both platforms.
>
> there's no way to know about your "local" changes.
> how are you going to eliminate APTD, and how does it conflict,
> and how will it replace the change?

I really don't see any need to explain it at this stage.  Suffice it to say
that essentially every line of code you've touched -- other than gratuitous
name changes -- is replaced in my code.

> > 3) If you're going to make changes on behalf of PAE,
>
> no.  PAE is not important, at least for me.

Then why are you bothering with this?  That was the only possible point of
your proposed change that even made sense.