Subject: Re: sync i386 pmap with amd64
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/2004 00:15:34
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 06:50:45AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> Frank, can you decide which way to take, as a maintainer of the ports?
> i don't see any benefits, or have enough motivation to have a branch
> for this.  if it's required to have a branch, i'd just give up and
> throw the patch away.

I would like to see the code shared, so I appreciate your patch. Please
do check it in, and eventually put the pmap under arch/x86.

It does help PAE, although a little more work for that is needed. PAE support
would be nice, but then again, the new high-end Intel chips run NetBSD/amd64
just fine, so the need for it is going away.

- Frank