Subject: Re: sync i386 pmap with amd64
To: None <junyoung@mogua.com, fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/29/2004 06:50:45
hi,

> I still don't find its benefit because your patch doesn't prove why
> it's easier to support PAE with it. How about creating a branch?
>
> Jun-Young

actually, while i believe that it's obvious that it helps PAE support,
i personally don't care much about PAE.
(because i don't have a machine with >4G memory :-)
my main concern is maintainablility rather than it.
don't you see enough benefits in that respect, either?

Frank, can you decide which way to take, as a maintainer of the ports?
i don't see any benefits, or have enough motivation to have a branch
for this.  if it's required to have a branch, i'd just give up and
throw the patch away.

YAMAMOTO Takashi