Subject: Linux emulation
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2004 20:48:25
Hi,
I am trying to install Oracle 10g. I am running a snapshot of NetBSD 2.0
BETA. When I run the
installer, I get the following message:

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-2.1, UnitedLinux-1.0 or
redhat-3
                                      Failed <<<<

Which is understandable. I looked in a file called oraparam.ini in
install/, and I found a line with
the following:

[Certified Versions]
Linux=redhat-2.1,UnitedLinux-1.0,redhat-3

So I added netbsd-2-0, and I get the following message:

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-2.1, UnitedLinux-1.0,
redhat-3 or netbsd-2-0
                                      Failed <<<<

Same thing for using netbsd-2.0. When I used NetBSD 2.0_BETA, I get a
message saying that oraparam.ini file is corrupt. I'm guessing that after
adding the proper OS name, everything should go by just fine because I've
read that Linux programs run just as well on NetBSD. Oracle also uses a
lot of Java.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Yasir