Subject: Re: Memory leak and Intel 82815 graphics
To: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2004 09:22:24
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:11:59 +0000, Gilbert Fernandes
<gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:56:02PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>
>> I think that's referring to an ongoing memory leak
>> after X has started.
[snip]
> i am not sure it comes from x. i tried to use
> linux on that machine and it went fine so
> i would rather believe something is wrong in
> our agp. as i cannot use linux over it,
> i have been using my machine under console
> since (that means over one year).

Agreed, I think it's agp related rather than X per se (in which case
current xsrc won't help). Now I'm back in the office and can FTP again,
I can try more things, e.g. see if 2.0 has the same problem, try newer
xsrc.
However, I will still want to get it working on 1.6.2 (potentially with a
hacked kernel)
or updated X.

--
Stephen