Subject: Re: MP kernel + RAIDframe vs. crash dumps
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/21/2004 15:57:14
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:53:18PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> [...]
>
> The only other unusual thing about this machine is that the boot
> disk is a RAID1, using RAIDframe.   When I tested on the same machine,

You can't dump to a raid partition, because raidframe requires process
scheduling. Dumping to one partition of a real drive should work, though.
What I usually do is setup a partition on one of the hard drive which has
the raid1, matching the swap partition on the raid1 (you have to do some
maths do find the exact place on the physical disk) and set the dump partition
to this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>