Subject: Re: Ext2fs supported?
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/2004 14:32:59
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Yasir Malik wrote:
> >   But you might want to set it to "ext2fs" (lower case) if you want it to
> > work as you intend.
>
> I put that, but I still get the same error message.  When I go to edit my
> disklabel again, I see ``unused'' in the field.

The strings that disklabel(8) allows in the "fstype" column are
listed in the fstypenames array defined in <sys/disklabel.h>.  For
ext2fs, the appropriate string seems to be "Linux Ext2".

> When I do
> mount_ext2fs /dev/wd0j  /opt
> I get a message saying that the device is not properly configured.

That's probably because the fstype is set to "unused".  Setting it to
any other valid value (even "unknown") would probably work better.
Setting it to the correct value (such as "Linux Ext2") would probably be
best.

--apb (Alan Barrett)