Subject: Re: fix for disappeared PCMCIA socket found
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/17/2004 20:48:31
> On Saturday 17 July 2004 12:30, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> > pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff irq
> > pcic0: controller 0 (Cirrus PD6710) has sockets A and B
> > pcic0: controller 1 (Unknown controller) has no sockets
> > pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
> > pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
>
> As far as I can tell from the Cirrus documents, this is an impossible
> configuration for the PD6710.  It seems likely that the chip is being
> misidentified.  Do you know for sure which PCMCIA controller you have?

I don't know. Is there a way to discover it without disassembling the
notebook? Unfortunately, I can't get a manual, www.digital.com redirects
me to www.hp.com, which doesn't seem to care about such old products...

It may be interesting that in 1.6.2 it prints:
pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff irq
pcic0: controller 0 (Cirrus PD6710) has sockets A and B
pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has no sockets

Don't know if this helps.

> > Unless the problem fixed by this commit was serious, could it be backed
> > out? This is a regression from 1.6.2 .
>
> Not a chance.  That would cause breakage on other systems.

Ah, OK. Thanks for your reply.

Bye	Pavel