Subject: Ext2fs supported?
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2004 22:00:39
Hi,
I carved out a Ext2 partition on Windows using PartionMagic.  Now I would
like to mount the partition on NetBSD.  I don't know what to put in the
``cpg/sgs'' field, and I don't see anything in disklabel man page for
``cpg/sgs.''  Well, I filled out everything else, and I put EXT2FS for the
``fstype'' field.  After exiting the editor, I got a message saying
"disklabel: line 31: warning, unknown file system type: EXT2FS"

But I have booted GENERIC_LAPTOP for the Apr 9 snapshot for NetBSD 2.0 and
it supports the Ext2fs.

Why I am getting this message?  Will I be able to mount this partition?
Also, does exiting the editor automatically write the label on the hard drive?

Thanks,
Yasir