Subject: Re: ICH5/82801EB IDE Controller P-ATA?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/2004 18:37:36
In article <38724EBE-D3DC-11D8-9AEA-000502638BD0@stix.homeunix.net>,
	Paul Ripke <stix@stix.homeunix.net> writes:
> I've picked up a new box with an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard.

That should work without problems. I use an Intel D865PERLK motherboard
which is based on the same chipset.

> I figured the HT support might be questionable, ...

Hyper Threading works with a customer kernel configuration.

> However, I find that I can't get to my P-ATA drives (ST340014A,
> ST3120026A and a 48x CD-ROM).

Support for the ICH5's P-ATA ports is even available in NetBSD 1.6.2.

> Googling around, I see people running similar beasts. Any
> hints?

1.) Update the BIOS.
2.) Enable ioapic support in the BIOS and the kernel configuration.
3.) Enable MPACPI in the kernel configuration (this is not
    necessarily related to enabling multiprocess support).

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/