Subject: User Management
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Glenn Jarvis <gaj@personainternet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/10/2004 09:27:51
I'm slowly getting used to how to enter commands and I've printed out
some of the man pages. I did encounter a problem and I'm not sure how to
correct it. I logged in as root and tried to useradd, but it gives me
this...

useradd: can't obtain pw_lock: File exists

I tried rebooting,logging back in as root and tried again with the same
result. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated. So far, this seems
to be the only problem I'm having so far.
I get the same warning/error from userdel.

I'm even somewhat used to the editor vi . Looks a little different than
the one I remember, but I'm getting the hang of it :-)

Thanks again
Glenn

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!