Subject: Re: Odd behavior mounting FAT32 partitions
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2004 19:52:30
> I am having some odd behaviors with mounting FAT32 partitions.  The
> timestamp on the mount point changed to "Dec 31 1979" and the
> permissions changed to "d-------w-"

Normally, when you mount something, the attributes (mode bits,
timestamp, etc) of the mounted-on object are hidden, replaced by the
attributes of the root of the mounted filesystem.

The real question here is why your FAT32 filesystem has a root
directory with a mode that maps to 002 and a timestamp in 1979, and the
only way that can be a NetBSD question is if the problem is in the
NetBSD code that maps FAT32 attributes to NetBSD attributes.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign