Subject: Re: MP question...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2004 08:57:29
> I'd think so. Some IO stress, heavy CPU load... maybe build mozilla and
> KDE concurrently, if it finishes that it will build anything.

I had it running at a load of >5 (sometimes up to 9 or so) for about 10
hours before she said she'd had enough.

> Well, I don't know if it's a good idea to overclock the 2nd CPU but
> they seem to be the same model ( if the cpuid field in your dmesg log
> is any indication ) so it's probably ok :)

I couldn't break into the ddb which makes me want to set the bios clock
setting down to 350 and run the same load to see if it was the cpu or
something else.

I have a matched pair of slot-1 cpu's, but on is in a system right now doing
"good stuff."  I'll repo that guy though before deploying the system and
sleep better at night.

Thanks Michael & Frederick,

Peter