Subject: Re: 2.0G breaks thinkpad
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/2004 17:06:33
In message <20040705210254.5988B660A@void.crufty.net>, "Simon J. Gerraty" write
s:

>On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:12:34 -0400, "Steven M. Bellovin" writes:
>>The kernel is pretty standard -- I started with GENERIC_LAPTOP and
>>added a few things like IPSEC, but that's about it.
>
>Ok, from Tom's last mail sounds like the breakage is quite recent.
>Can you check when your tree was last updated?  Will help
>narrow the search.

Unfortunately, I no longer have easy access to the machine -- my
daughter is now away at school.  Worse yet, she's having network
problems that may or may not be related...  The short answer, though,
is that the tree was very recent -- the last few days.

I hope to talk to her tonight to see what's going on.