Subject: Re: 2.0G breaks thinkpad
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2004 10:38:35
"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@crufty.net> writes:

> I just loaded my laptop from a tree updated and built today.
> and wm0 no longer works -  device times out.

Are you sure that's new?  I've long had trouble with wm0 on my
Thinkpad X31, but have fixed it by having scripts (run by apmd and
ifwatch) that explicitly ifconfig it down at suspend and when it loses
carrier, and up at resume and when it regains carrier.

> Booting a 2.0E kernel works it ok, I don't have a 2.0F kernel.

I'm at 2.0F (per June 23rd) now.

> BTW xterm needs to be setuid to get a pty, not sure if this is as
> planed or not.

Not here...  Have you run './MAKEDEV ptm' in /dev yet?

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901