Subject: compiling /etc/mail
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kotlowy <skotlowy@bigpond.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/2004 07:03:17
hi,

I've been working on sendmail for a few days now with no luck. I'm trying to
get an SMTP server that can send email to users on the local machine as well
as the outside world. At the moment when I send email to the outside world
is banks up in the mail queue with "Deferred: Connection timed out with
remotehost.com". I understand /etc/access needs to be configured for the
hosts that I want relayed, however all instructions to compile it to
access.db tell me to use make and /etc/mail/MakeFile doesn't exist.

I also knoticed that most of the files that are normaly found in /etc/mail,
such as sendmail.mc, don't exist in the base installation while they exist
on other distributions.

Cheers