Subject: pcibios question
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2004 00:14:47
I'm in the process of getting resources allocated for a PCI device
that isn't detected in the BIOS by enabling PCIBIOS and
PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP on NetBSD 1.6.1

The platform is a new Intel server chipset with an AMI bios. When the
kernel boots, the routine bios32_init() doesn't detect that there is a
bios because it is unable to find

BIOS32_MAKESIG('_', '3', '2', '_')

I don't think this is a problem with the pcibios routines because the
same code works on an older platform. What I'm hoping is that someone
can give me a brief description (or point me to a book/webpage/etc) of
what is going on such that I can get the vendor to fix the problem in
the bios or tell me what workaround the kernel needs.

Thanks!

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli <at> agilent <dot> com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking