Subject: Re: pkgsrc and already installed binary pkgs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Fernando Machado <fm-nospam@fmachado.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/2004 17:53:45
Hi magnus,

Did you tried "make update"? e.g.

---installing pthread-sem...-----------------
heaven# pwd
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/pthread-sem
heaven# make install
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in pthread-sem-1.0
===> Installing for pthread-sem-1.0
===> pthread-sem-1.0 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
*** If so, you may use either of:
***  - "pkg_delete pthread-sem-1.0" and "/usr/bin/make reinstall" to upgrade
properly
***  - *"/usr/bin/make update"* to rebuild the package and all of its dependencies
***  - "/usr/bin/make replace" to replace only the package without re-linking
***    dependencies, risking various problems.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/pthread-sem
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/pthread-sem
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/pthread-sem

Don't forget to update your pkgsrc:
	-- bof update-pkgsrc.sh -----
	#!/bin/sh
	cd /usr/pkgsrc