Subject: Re: Radeon 9600 XT dual head
To: None <st3phen@paradise.net.nz>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/24/2004 14:46:15
> Thanks for your help, but these changes don't seem to have any effect -
> first I tried the steps you gave explicitly, but I came up with several
> errors - mknod /dev/ttyF{cfg,stat} ... requires an option from d, c, or p
> - I tried this with c, as it was the only option that made sense for the
> values you gave. The unit sizes are also different to the "ttyE..."
> devices on my system - I tried with the sizes you specified, and with the
> same sizes as "ttyE..." /usr/sbin/wsconscfg -f /dev/ttyFcfg -t radeon 0
> returns either: "wsconscfg: screen N is already configured" or "wsconscfg:
> WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device not configured" What was I supposed to get
> from rc.local?

I have a radeon 7500 and an 9200e running dual headed Xinerama with
kde3 xinerama support.  I changed no devices from stock whatsoever.
I only had to modify my XF86Config file.  I have a 19" Sun monitor
and a 21" lcd Samsung.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "sunmonitor"
        VendorName   "SUN"
        ModelName    "CM751U"
        HorizSync    31-96
        VertRefresh  50-160
        Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "210t"
        VendorName   "SAM"
        ModelName    "210T/MP/LXA"
        Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

# these device sections work with either a 7500 or a 9200e
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Radeon0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
        Option      "CloneDisplay" "1"
        Screen      0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Radeon1"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
        Screen      1
EndSection

Section "Screen"