Subject: Re: Radeon 9600 XT dual head
To: Stephen Nelson <st3phen@paradise.net.nz>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/24/2004 06:48:11
Mon, May 24, 2004 at 01:37:49PM +0000, Stephen Nelson:
> Has anyone managed to get a radeon card to work correctly using two
> monitors?
> Currently, my card just clones everything on the first monitor onto the
> second. Initially, this resulted in my second monitor complaining about
> incompatible refresh rates (it's lower res.) but after some tinkering
> with my XF86Config file, I managed to get it to clone the screen for X
> also, but it still refuses to allow me to use Xinerama.
>
> As I am not sure what the problem is, here is the relevant part of
> dmesg, and XF86Config

I do not know if it will work this card, but you will at least need the
following...

> Section "Monitor"
>        Identifier   "Monitor0"
>        VendorName   "PHL"
>        ModelName    "PHILIPS 109E5"
>        Option      "DPMS"
	Option	"device"	"/dev/ttyE0"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>        Identifier   "Monitor1"
>        VendorName   "PHL"
>        ModelName    "PHILIPS 105S"
>        Option      "DPMS"
	Option	"device"	"/dev/ttyF0"
> EndSection

mknod /dev/ttyF0 c 90 256
mknod /dev/ttyFcfg 90 510
mknod /dev/ttyFstat 90 511

cat /etc/rc.local
/usr/sbin/wsconscfg -f /dev/ttyFcfg -t sunffb 0

substitute whatever is appropriate for your card as/in sunffb.