Subject: Boot-Floppies fail to boot on i386
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Petermann <matthias.petermann@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/2004 12:00:08
Hi,

I have a fairly serious problem with the NetBSD 2.0-BETA boot-floppies
on i386 (boot1.fs, boot2.fs). I checked out the current-sources at
May, 12th and built a release. Earlier current-releases (from April,
28th) boot up just fine.

But the May, 12th-release raises an error after changing boot
floppy 1 to boot floppy 2.

<snip>
booting fd0a:netbsd - starting in 0
3648460/
Please remove disk 1, insert disk 2, and press return...
+5197916+289576lseek section headers: invalid file offset
</snip>

After that, the boot process seems to freeze. I tried it with two
pairs of floppies, so physical disk-errors could not be the reason.
The discs were error-checked beforehand. I repeated building the
release with CVS from May, 20th but the error remains.

What is the best place to report this problem? I wrote a bug
report (#25552) a few days before, but maybe port-i386 is not the
right place to report it?

Kind regards
Matthias

--
  ,MN  NM, PPPP,   Matthias Petermann . Cell: +49 172 878 43 76
  NM NN MN PP PP      http://www.glesir.de/~mp