Subject: Re: Matlab (linux-emul) on 2.0BETA, and libpthread?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2004 10:20:43
On Fri, 14 May 2004 04:41, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | How can I avoid this? /emul/linux/usr/lib/libpthread.so is a symlink
> | to /emul/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 as installed by the suse_devel
> | package, iirc. If I change it into a hard link, Matlab works. Why
> | does the emul code not follow the symlink but goes to the native
> | filesystem tree?
> |
> | Thanks for the clue,
>
> I don't know. I would try:
>
> cd /emul/linux/lib
> ln -s ../usr/lib/libpthread.* .
>
> make sure that you have both libpthread.so and libpthread.so.0 in both
> emul directories.

Actually the other way around I think.  I don't have suse_devel installed so I
don't know how that may complicate it but suse_base
installs /usr/pkg/emul/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 (no libpthread.so) so I had
to add /usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 as a symlink to get matlab
to work.

city-art% cd /usr/pkg/emul/linux/
city-art% ls -l lib/libpthread.so.0
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  106843 Jun 20  2003 lib/libpthread.so.0
city-art% ls -l usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  25 Sep  3  2003 usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
-> ../../lib/libpthread.so.0

I should probably fix the suse_base package to add that symlink.

That has let us run matlab on various post native threads versions of -current
however see my next posting where I change the subject slightly.

cheers
mark