Subject: Re: Matlab (linux-emul) on 2.0BETA, and libpthread?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/13/2004 18:02:48
Am 13.05.2004 um 15:39 Uhr +0000 schrieb Christos Zoulas:
>  >Since this appears to be the one big related difference between
>>NetBSD 1.6 and 2: How sure can I be that a linux binary does not try to
>>pick up a NetBSD library (libpthread.so in this case)?
>>
>>Don't laugh - when we attempted to call NEdit
>>from within Matlab on a NetBSD 1.6 machine, we had to wrap NEdit in a
>>shell script that reset LD_LIBRARY_PATH; otherwise it attempted to
>>pick up a linux shared library. "Ouch."
>
>Now, you re picking the NetBSD libpthread from a linux binary and this
>will not work.

How can I avoid this? /emul/linux/usr/lib/libpthread.so is a symlink
to /emul/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 as installed by the suse_devel
package, iirc. If I change it into a hard link, Matlab works. Why
does the emul code not follow the symlink but goes to the native
filesystem tree?

Thanks for the clue,

	hauke

--
           Hauke Fath                   /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Institut für Nachrichtentechnik        \ /    No HTML/RTF in email