Subject: Re: MPACPI fix (for those who had trouble with it, urgent!)
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2004 07:37:37
--jB+02Y6wHc2pEa2x

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 06:20:24AM -0400, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:
> No sweat.  I heard bad stuff about the older models.  The JVC-Victor
> Interlink are actually made in Tawain by ASUS, which is now selling them
> there for a lot cheaper, in the rest of Asia outside of Japan:
>=20
> http://taiwan.asus.com.tw/prog/spec.asp?m=3DS200N%20Series&langs=3D01
>=20
> But the XP7210/S200N has completely different hardware than the earlier
> models.

Well, then I'm glad I didn't end up getting one in Japan last year
after all.  I looked at them, and was very tempted. They were
crusoe-based machines, though, not the centrino ones you seem to have,
and which now I may need to investigate more carefully. :-) The other
one I was looking at at the time was a fujitsu.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Dan.

--jB+02Y6wHc2pEa2x