Subject: Re: USB CF reader problems with 2.0beta
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2004 07:25:24
--00hq2S6J2Jlg6EbK

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 06:17:37PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>=20
> > Maybe a program doing a large malloc(), touching every page and exiting
> > would be enouth. But I never tried this trick.
>=20
> I use this on my laptop with 384MB of RAM:
>=20
> 	#include <stdlib.h>
> [...]

It's funny how people resort to different tools to solve the same
problem.  I've habitually used something like:

  dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/dev/null bs=3D384m

to solve this kind of problem (sometimes also with count=3D1 depending
on my needs). This happens to work well for the umass case, on my
laptop with 512m.

--
Dan.
--00hq2S6J2Jlg6EbK