Subject: Re: AC adapter event
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/03/2004 13:45:30
--Apple-Mail-7-83231948

On May 3, 2004, at 1:02 AM, Alan Barrett wrote:

> This looks useful.  I have also been playing with a daemon that checks
> the load average every minute and cranks the CPU speed up or down.

Cool.  BTW, it seems like this kind of stuff could be added to powerd
using a timer (kqueue can do this, so you would not even have to change
the structure of powerd too much), invoking a script with the current
load average as an argument so the script could make the policy
decision.

> On my laptop, connecting the AC adapter causes the speed to immediately
> increase to the maximum.  I have been unable to find the code that does
> this, but I'd like to disable it.

It's probably the BIOS on your system.  Check the BIOS for settings
that might control this.  Are you using the ACPI code on your laptop?
If not, then it's almost certainly the BIOS doing this "for" you.

--Apple-Mail-7-83231948
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-7-83231948--