Subject: Re: USB CF reader problems with 2.0beta
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@kyyhky.embedtronics.fi>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/2004 17:14:02
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 04:22:00PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this Pretec CF card reader with a USB interface.  Under older
> versions of NetBSD, the reder worked, but NetBSD didn't receive any
> CF card insertion/removal events and I had to disconnect the reader
> device to change CF cards.
>
> Under 2.0beta (kernel built from yesterday's sources (from CVS)), I
> just get this:
>
> umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: Genesys Logic USB Storage Device, rev 1.10/1.13, addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> umass0: no buffer memory

Know problem, there isn't enouth free contigous memory.
It shoud work after a fresh boot, or releasing some ram (in my case,
exiting mozilla is enouth).
Maybe a program doing a large malloc(), touching every page and exiting
would be enouth. But I never tried this trick.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>