Subject: Re: ath Atheros driver no buffer space available and can't power
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/2004 06:36:54
> 1. The GNATS problem report database does acknowledge all properly
> submitted reports with an E-mail which includes the assigned PR
> number. If you didn't get such a confirmation, the three most likely
> possibilities are:
> 1.1. the PR was improperly formatted (e.g. some mailer strip the ">"
> in front of the PR field names)
> 1.2. the return address on the PR submission E-mail is unreplyable
> (i.e. no A or MX record reachable from gnats.netbsd.org, or a
> firewall in the way). If a host can send E-mail, it must have at
> least an MX record in the public DNS.
> 1.3. the gnats.netbsd.org host never got the problem report in the
> first place (check your mail system log and the outbound mail queue -
> is the report still in there?)
> I can speak with some authority in this matter - I do a lot of the
> NetBSD GNATS PR database administration.

Hi Eric:

I don't recall using any e-mail, just "send-pr", and it reported
"send-pr: problem report sent".  Unfortunately no confirmation
e-mail was sent.

I don't have (nor do I want) sendmail or any other SMTP server
configured on my laptop.  My laptop only uses Mozilla for e-mail,
and for outgoing e-mail it forwards it to a remote SMTP (sendmail)
server.

The laptop is on the Internet, behind firewalls, so if "send-pr"
makes its own direc SMTP connection netbsd.org, it should work.
However, if "send-pr" try to use a local SMTP mailer, then it won't
be received

Just checked again, and it still isn't in the webpage or in my
mailq, which is empty.  But I did check my "/var/log/maillog" and
discovered the following:

Apr 23 00:47:57 luna sendmail[6690]: i3N4luB6006690: from=alicia, size=1071, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200404230447.i3N4luB6006690@luna.engine.ca>, relay=alicia@localhost
Apr 23 00:47:57 luna sendmail[6690]: i3N4luB6006690: to=gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org, ctladdr=alicia (100/100), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=31071, relay=localhost.engine.ca. [127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by localhost.engine.ca.
Apr 23 01:11:21 luna sendmail[679]: i3N5BLl8000679: from=alicia, size=1357, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200404230511.i3N5BLl8000679@luna.engine.ca>, relay=alicia@localhost
Apr 23 01:11:22 luna sendmail[679]: i3N5BLl8000679: to=gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org, ctladdr=alicia (100/100), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay, pri=31357, relay=localhost.engine.ca. [127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by localhost.engine.ca.

So it looks like "send-pr" does try to use sendmail on my laptop,
which *IS NOT A LAPTOP NOT A SERVER, NOR DO I WANT IT TO BE A SMTP
SERVER*.  So these 2 "send-pr" messages, and a previous one I sent
a couple of days ago are lost, and unfortunately, I have to retype
them again from scratch.

Is there an alternative to "send-pr" for laptops, desktops, and
embedded systems?  Maybe someone can put up a webpage form at
"www.netbsd.org" to submit GNATS bugs?

Alicia.