Subject: FTP not working in some cases?
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/2004 18:05:33
Hello,
I've been trying to setup a snapshot of 2.0 since Friday but with no luck.
When ever sysinst tries to FTP into the release engineering site, I get
the following error after some time:
421 Service not available, remote server times out.  Connection closed
ftp: con't connect or login to host 'releng.netbsd.org'

I am able to connect to the site, however.
The weird thing is that when I exit sysinst into the command prompt, I can
ftp into many other sites, such as Oracle, Microsoft, Sco, ..., but I
can't FTP into any of the NetBSD mirrors.  What's going on?  Is this a
problem with sysinst?
I don't have any CDs on hand yet, so I can't burn myself a copy.
Thanks,
Yasir