Subject: Seriell terminal in singleuser mode?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Ulrich Heilmann <"ulih."@firemail.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/05/2004 18:06:37
Hi,

has anyone some experiences with a seriell connection in
singleuser mode and can tell me the right settings for the terminal?
A normal seriell connection with the 9600/8/N/1 settings is no
problem.. But that doesn't work in singleuser mode :(

To get access in single user mode i've pressed ESC when i see the
bootcountdown. Then i typed "consdev com0" resp. "consdev com0kbd"
(when i read the manpage, i don't see the difference) and enter.
Now on the terminal i type "boot" and it does without a problem..
But after that the 9600/8/N/1 settings seem not to be correct anymore..

E.g. i see the "Login:" and enter my username.. no problem, but when
i've entered the password am hit "enter" nothing happens :( i hit
"enter" twice and i see "Login incorrect"....

thanks for any help

Uli

--
  _    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN