Subject: USB keyboard
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver1@comcast.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2004 07:49:58
Good morning,

I recently purchased a $10 USB keyboard, an AOpen part number 90.00029.UB1.
They keyboard randomly locks up in both NetBSD and Windows XP.  If I unplug
the keyboard and plug it back in, it works again.  The key layout and the
feel are perfect, but the stability is unacceptable.

I'm looking for a replacement.  Can anyone recommend a specific model of
USB keyboard?

Preferrably it will be inexpensive, it will have a standard layout, the
"print" will not "rub off" the keys, and it will not flake out during
gameplay when multiple keys are pressed.

Otherwise it's back to old clackety-clack with a din5 to ps2/mini-din5
adapter.

Thank you,

Ben