Subject: Re: PCMCIA Cisco Aironet 350
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/2004 22:54:51
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:21:23AM -0600, Jayme A Howard wrote:
>
> > an0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Cisco Systems, 350 Series Wireless LAN Adapter
> > an0: read record failed

no, it's a firmware problem.  go back to 4.x from your 5.x ... our an(4)
is dead and should be dumped and re-ported.

without the ACU utils or a linux kernel /proc style interface to configs,
it's useless anyway.

why use a Cisco if you can't use LEAP anyway.  there are lots of other
100mw radios out there with external antenna support.

more proprietary bitrot thanx to shitty vendors and closed standards

~lava

> > an0: failed to attach controller
>
> This seems like a problem with pcmcia/cardbus on your machine
> generally - attaching some more of the dmesg would help show this.
> You probably need to use some acpi on your machine to enable the
> cardbus or get the interrupt mappings right.
>
> --
> Dan.

l8*
	-lava

x.25 - minix - bitnet - plan9 - 110 bps - ASR 33 - base8