Subject: Xbox port - bootloader
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <openbsd@softhome.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2004 05:13:18
Hi all,

I updated my kernel + patches + ramdisk to NetBSD-current. To avoid the
trouble of having to port the driver for the Nvidia network interface, I
bought a USB nic that is supported in current. Now I have a problem with
the bootloader. I compiled Cromwell, the BIOS that loads Linux on the Xbox,
on NetBSD and it works perfectly on the Xbox. Still, the kernel doesn't
boot. If any of you can take a look at this:

http://cvs.xbox-linux.org/viewcvs.py/xbox-linux/cromwell/boot/BootStartBios.
c?rev=1.69&view=auto

As you can see in:

int ExittoLinux(CONFIGENTRY *config)

There is the ASM code that jumps to the Linux kernel. If any of you can
help me out with this, I will really apreciate it. I want to execute a
NetBSD kernel instead of the Linux one. But I have no clue on how to do it.
I tried to read boot and dosboot's src but I guess I have no skills to do
this... Anyone whiling to help a good cause?

Thanks in advance,
Nico.