Subject: Re: cmdide.c: CMD Technology product 0x0680
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2004 23:36:07
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:50:08AM +1100, Giles Lean wrote:

> Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be> wrote:
>
> > If you know of any other controller that can run ATAPI burners in
> > DMA mode when burning, I'd be interested.
>
> Almost any current IDE controller, I would have thought?  The only

Well, unfortunably no. For various reasons, controllers have some smarts
used for DMA (fifo, delayed interrupts, ...) which require some knowledge
of the IDE protocol to work. Not all controllers knows about the
ATAPI commands, the ATAPI different phases, or can handle transfers size
which are not multiple of 512.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>