Subject: Re: cmdide.c: CMD Technology product 0x0680
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2004 17:27:58
  On Mar 08 at 16:32, jmmv@menta.net spoke:

> I bought the same controller a week ago.  1.6.x does not have support for it.
> Just update your kernel to a current one and use the cmdide(4) driver:

»Just«? I guess I'll practice upgrading to current on another system
first. Can one run a current kernel on base system of 1.6.2?
Shouldn't the base system be upgraded to current too?

> cmdide0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0
> cmdide0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
> cmdide0: bus-master DMA support present
> cmdide0: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
> cmdide0: using irq 10 for native-PCI interrupt
>
> Works fine :)

In fact I'm trying NetBSD on a system which is running FreeBSD 4.9 now.
Just it has a little instability. So I thought I'll try NetBSD.
But current is probably not too stable, is it?

-Hanspeter