Subject: Re: cmdide.c: CMD Technology product 0x0680
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <jmmv@menta.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2004 16:32:24
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 04:17:28PM +0100, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an i386 with CMD Technology product 0x0680 RAID controllers.
> The kernel doesn't recognize them:
>
> CMD Technology product 0x0680 (RAID mass storage, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 10 function 0 not configured
>
> I'm running NetBSD 1.6.2.
> How can I configure the kernel to support the CMD 680 RAID
> controllers?

I bought the same controller a week ago.  1.6.x does not have support for it.
Just update your kernel to a current one and use the cmdide(4) driver:

cmdide0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0
cmdide0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
cmdide0: bus-master DMA support present
cmdide0: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
cmdide0: using irq 10 for native-PCI interrupt

Works fine :)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>