Subject: Getting Compaq WL110 Wireless card to work
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/06/2004 10:08:05
Hello,
According to the NetBSD man pages, my Compaq WL110 wireless card is not
supported.  I looked at the source, and in /sys/dev/ic/wi.c I don't see my
card in the wi_card_indent structure.  I also don't see my card in
/sys/dev/pcmcia/if_wi_pcmcia.c in the wi_pcmcia_product structure.
However, FreeBSD does support my wireless card.  Could I just simple copy
the card id, name, and other information from the FreeBSD source into
the respective files in the NetBSD source?  If so, which files would I
need to edit in the NetBSD and FreeBSD sources?
I had emailed a message to this list earlier saying that I couldn't get my
wireless card working with GENERIC_LAPTOP, but no reply.  I really don't
think this is a problem with my kernel or laptop.  I think it's just
because my card is not supported.
Thanks,
Yasir Malik