Subject: Re: lock up in 1.6.1, 1.6.2RC4
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/2004 20:29:40
--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

James Burton wrote:
> About 6 months ago I upgraded my desktop from 1.5 to 1.6.1
> and ever since then I have had regular lockups.

> A few weeks ago I re-compiled a kernel with kernel debugger in
> and wasn't able to get it to drop into the debugger after the lockup.

You mean pressing Control-Alt-ESC had no effect? Can you get into ddb
any time before the system locks up? Have you tried to type "sync" a
couple of times or "reboot"? Maybe it just didn't respond visually.
If it's a deadlock you'll have to activate ddb manually there won't
be a panic. Have you tried a serial console?

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O--