Subject: bootblock changes in i386
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/2004 02:04:32
So... It used to be you could just make a directory with a name
like "biosboot_com1", tweak a couple of settings in a Makefile, and there
was an obvious way to make a set of serial console bootblocks.

Now there's lots of stuff about Make option settings, but I can't figure
out which of the half-dozen directories in /sys/arch/i386/stand is supposed
to be the template for building "just a plain old bootblock suitable for
use with installboot".

So... Which directory does one build in to set such options?  Which of
these directories are "booters"?  In particular, the man page for boot_console
refers to "biosboot", but I don't have any such directory.  Is there a
README somewhere I'm missing?

-s